Search For Machine tools, Equipment & More
• 5 ~ 10xD deep hole drilling is possible
• Patented centre pilot insert creates greater stability
• Good chip breaker design to make cutting chip smaller
• Optimised cutting chip groove improves chip flow
• Lateral cutting force can be absorbed by the centre pilot insert and the specially designed insert pocket.
Patented centre pilot insert
• Fully ground pilot insert with multi-cutting edges to form smaller cutting chips
• The unique design of the pocket provides the best seating accuracy and rigidity of the centre insert
• The centre inserts guide the drills to the drilling depth of up to 10xD (standard) and 12D (optional).
• 4 x cutting edges
• Good chip breaking condition
• Cutting edge is lapped round for long tool life
• Dia. 19-26 mm: one periphery insert is required
• Dia. 27-40 mm: two periphery inserts are required.
Design of the chip area of the drills
Large cutting chip area which provides enough room for the optimised cutting chips flow
• Minimum cutting fluid pressure in only 10 bar, making it suitable for old and new machine tools
• The drilling length is designed from 5xD up to 10xD as standard: the optimum length is selected according to the drilling depth and the required feed rate. The shorter the drilling depth, the higher the feed rate that can be applied.
This 1.4 MB 6 page leaflet is available to download (click here) to obtain.
If you would like to know more about ACT's solutions in many areas of tooling requirements, including internal, external and face grooving, parting off, threading, chamfering, corner rounding, spotting and centering and engraving tools.
Please telephone us on: +44(0)1455 234000 or email us